We are always available to answer any questions you may have! For your convenience, we have detailed answers to our most frequently asked questions below.

How can I pay rent?

Rent can be paid online directly through your tenant web access (TWA) portal.

How do I apply?

Visit apply now page on the website and create an account. There is an application fee for each applicant and any who will be living in the property over the age of 18 needs to apply and pay the fee. The application fee is non-refundable.  Your application is good for any property we have in the Marquette area.

Can I tour or hold a place before applying?

An application must be submitted and approved before you can view or place a hold on a property. To reserve a property application must be submitted, approved, and a retainer deposit paid.  We encourage everyone interested in a property to check availability and then apply. Please know that your application is good for all properties in Marquette, Gwinn, Negaunee, Ishpeming and surrounding areas.

Do you allow pets or animals?

Yes, we are pet friendly as long as the pet is an acceptable pet bread. There is also a limit on the number of pets allowed per property.  There is a pet deposit every pet owner needs to pay.

Is the security deposit refundable?

Yes, the security deposit will be refundable after the resident moves out and the unit is inspected for any damages. Damages will be deducted from the deposit.  Normal wear and tear will not be considered damage.  We follow Michigan landlord-tenant laws regarding the time it takes to return the deposit.

Do I need a co-signer?

In the case you do not meet the income requirement or credit requirement you can have a co-signer/financial guarantor co-sign with you on the lease. The co-signer must fill out a separate application, pay the application fee, and pass the application process. The co-signer does not need to be local to the Marquette area.

My lease expiration is coming up and I want to move out. What do I need to do?

We require a 30-day written notice. This can be done by email or by filling out a notice to vacate form. (include in forms page) Upon receipt of the notice to vacate, we will send you a move-out packet.  If you do not receive the move-out packet within 7 days, please contact the office.

How old do I have to be to apply?

You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a place.

Does my security deposit cover last month's rent?

No, we can’t use your security deposit for last month’s rent. Your security deposit is intended to protect against damage to the property.

Can I sign a month-to-month lease?

The majority of our leases are year leases. We do have the option for a month-to-month lease in certain situations, additional rent may apply.

How long does the application process take?

We would love to process your application the same day you apply. To help speed up the application process please fill out all information correctly on the application form. Please attach all documents needed along with references.  The more information on the application the faster we can process your application.

Also, make sure all parties applying with you also filled out the application completely and paid the application fee.  We try to process your application as quickly as possible.

Things that can hold up the process can be employment verification, reference checks, credit check, and waiting on a co-signer to submit an application and proper documentation.  We try to process all applications within 7 days.

Do I need renters insurance?

It is highly recommended that you get renters insurance to cover your personal belongings. Renters’ insurance is also very inexpensive.

Can I plant my own flowers or do my own landscaping?

We encourage residents to take pride in the appearance of the property. If you wish to add landscaping or flowers to the property, please submit a written request to the office.

What am I responsible for maintaining?

Residents are responsible for maintaining furnace filters, and light bulbs, relighting pilot lights if they go out, checking breakers and fuses if the electricity is not working, unclogging toilets or sinks, and in certain situations, yard maintenance. Please refer to your individual lease.

What is a demand for possession - non-payment of rent?

This is a legal document that is sent out when rent is past due and is the start of the eviction process. If you get this notice please contact us immediately to communicate when you will have rent paid in full and possibly avoid eviction.